In his time with the District Attorney’s office, Shaeffer prosecuted over 150 jury trials at all levels of offenses, including several death penalty cases. Before Shaeffer opened his own practice as a defense attorney in 2000, he quickly rose through the ranks of the office to become a first chair felony prosecutor and supervised a District Court team.
Since leaving the DA’s office, he has been appointed by judges to represent the State of Texas as a Special Prosecutor. He is also licensed to practice law in federal court in the Western District of Texas, where he has participated in several major cases as a defense counsel. Since leaving the DA’s office, he has been appointed by judges to represent the State of Texas as a Special Prosecutor.
- Perspective of a former prosecutor.
- Tried more than 150 jury trials as a Bexar County Prosecutor.
- Board Certified in Criminal Law.
- 25+ years of experience.
- Confidence of an AV® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®.
- Bexar County resident since 1972.
- Married for 26 years with two children.
Political ad paid for by Tylden Shaeffer Campaign, Hon. Hope Andrade, treasurer.